Meat - chicken, fish, beef, lamb, turkey (pork is not listed as I simply don’t like it)
Oils - Coconut, Olive, Infused Olive, Macadamia nut (in small doses) and occasionally red palm oil
Vegetables - Carrot, pumpkin, zucchini, spinach, silverbeet, summer squash
Fruit - Coconut water, kiwifruit, oranges, lemons, lime
Misc - Coconut cream (1/3 of a tin), gelatine, herbs (fresh and dried), salt
Digestive Support: Digestzymes by Designs for Health, Prescript Assist probiotic, L-Glutamine
MTHFR: My Doctor had special day and night multi made up for me with vitamins and minerals to support detoxification as well as types of folate and B12 my body could utilise.
Bowel Function: Magnesium Glycinate by Designs for Health, low dose compounded erythromycin (a follow up from the SIBO meds to prevent reinfection).
I've introduced these one at a time. In the coming weeks I want to try lauricidin (derived from coconut oil and helps busts biofilm in the gut), will add in saccharomyces boulardii (a probiotic yeast) and I will also add probiotic foods such as homemade coconut yogurt and sauerkraut.
My muscle and joint pain has decreased and while I still have brain fog its nowhere near as frustrating as it was. I still have a hard lump in the right side of my tummy that I believe is due to the blastocystis that I’m still working on eradicating (more info on that in previous posts and more coming up).
Take home points:
- Have a strict protocol when coming off antibiotics (medical or herbal) to prevent reinfection
- Don’t expect all your symptoms to go away straight away
- Address dysbosis and leaky gut
- Add in lifestyle factors like sleep, fresh air, social time and joy
- Hot baths, meditation and journal writing help a lot
- Keep a food diary/symptom tracker
- Be patient, it took you awhile to get sick so it will take awhile to get well
- Reach out to others who are going through the journey, forums and Facebook groups can be a good tool
- Move, gently, daily
- Prepare for set backs
- And when you start feeling better, you might want to re-read this to prevent sabotaging yourself: The Glass Wall Mistake