*THIS DOCUMENT IS A PERSONAL ACCOUNT ONLY. IT IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO BE A GUIDE OR SUGGESTION ON HOW TO TREAT BLASTOCYSTIS. IT IS MERELY A COLLATION OF THE TREATMENT I WAS GIVEN BETWEEN 2013-2014 TO TRY TO ERADICATE MY INFECTION. I WENT THROUGH THE CDD VIA PHONE CONSULT WITH A NURSE PLUS TWO DIFFERENT DOCTORS AND A SPECIALIST TO GET ACCESS TO THESE DRUGS AND TO BE MONITORED AND TESTED ALONG THE WAY. SELF TREATING IS NOT RECOMMENDED AND THIS IS MERELY AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT A TRIPLE THERAPY TREATMENT LOOKS LIKE. IT ALSO CONTAINS INFO ABOUT THE COLONIC INFUSION. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE RIGHT PATH FOR YOU. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR TO DISCUSS YOUR OWN TREATMENT PLAN*
- Found a supportive doctor who was considerate to the fact blasto could be a cause of my symptoms.
- Got in touch with the CDD Nurse (I had to book in advance) to ask advice after the first line didn’t work for me
- Got my family tested (to avoid reinfection after treatment)
- Supported my system before, during and after treatment
- Found a natural practitioner to help monitor and restore gut health
- Took in as many good probiotics in supplements and food as I could!
- Did not expect things to get better straight away, taking medications like these does take its toll on the body and I had to come to terms with the fact I may get worse before I got better
- Had to be realistic to the fact that getting rid of blasto wouldn't ensure that all my symptoms would go away…
- Was prepared for the worst in terms of side effects
- Took anti nausea pills with medications
- Rested and did as much as I could to support the process, it was a little rough in places
FIRST LINE TREATMENT PROTOCOL:
SECOND LINE TREATMENT PROTOCOL:
Approx cost of these combos is around $300-400 (from memory). There are other combos for people who have a co-existing D.Frag infection or for those people who have allergies to any of the above meds. You'll have to discuss this with the CDD (via a paid consult with a nurse) or your treating doctor.
The cost of the colonic infusion below depends whether or not you’re an Australian resident with health insurance. If you are it will cost approx between $790-$1290 with health insurance covering hospital fees. International patients can expect to pay closer to $2500. Currently it's only done through the CDD in Sydney or through Dr Froomes in Melbourne. This is based on the info I've received and you'll need to contact the above places for current details.
This is done under colonoscopy, you’re under general anaesthetic and the antibiotics are inserted to get straight to the source of the infection. Part of this treatment is 10 days of Nitazoxanide post infusion.
Success rates vary with the CDD private studies showing approx 80% success rate with oral antibiotics and 95% with the infusion to eradicate blastocystis infection. There have been no studies to show how this affected symptoms or general health after the infection was gone. Some people do report still having issues even when Blasto has been eradicated.
COLONIC INFUSION INFO: